Conversations Cafe: Living OUT Loud - Celebrating the Power and History of PRIDE
June's episode is in honor of the 50th Anniversary of the Stonewall Riots. Dedicated to celebrating the power and history of PRIDE, we will be using pieces of art to start these important conversations about the origins of PRIDE, mental health and the intersection of gender, identity, and orientation, and how to advocate and be an ally of the LGBTQ+ community.
Our excellent guest panelists joining us this week are Dr. Ashley Molin, Gracie Fischer, and Krystal Baisden.
- Dr. Ashely Molin is licensed clinical psychologist and Associate Director of Behavioral Health at Center on Halstead, the midwest’s largest & most comprehensive LGTBQ+ community center.
- Gracie Fischer is a student at the University of Illinois Chicago and a HFTD surrogate and member of the HFTD education team.
- Krystal Baisden joins us from the Be Super Initiative, a movement calling for everyone to be the hero that is already inside them by using comic books and superheroes to address social justice issues.
Special thanks to Partners in Prevention, Busy Beaver Button Co. who gave participants the opportunity to take part in a special art engagement, creating their own buttons to celebrate the stigmatized parts of our own individual identities be it gay, trans, non-binary, immigrant, or suicide survivor.
Join the conversation. We are in this together.
The Conversations Cafe is a monthly live podcast recording at Sip of Hope Coffee Bar featuring education and open forum dialogue on the intersections of Mental Health within our communities. This education programming is brought to you by Hope For The Day with support from our partners in prevention, The American Foundation for Suicide Prevention of Illinois and Banyan Treatment Center.
The visual aid used during the live recording is available at https://www.anthologiesofhope.com/pride. The PRIDE-specific, curated Spotify playlist used for the live event is available via https://www.anthologiesofhope.com/pride-playlist.
You can find us on the web at:
- Website: https://www.anthologiesofhope.com/
- Instagram: https://instagram.com/anthologiesofhope
- Facebook: https://facebook.com/anthologiesofhope
- Twitter: https://twitter.com/anthologiespod
We are available anywhere you listen to podcasts:
Please leave us a review, let us know your thoughts, send us questions, and what else you'd like to hear on the future episodes of Anthologies of Hope.