Conversations Cafe: You Can't Wear That
Today's Conversations Cafe episode is titled You Can't Wear That. Recorded live at the UIC Forum, as part of Hope for the Day's Conversations Summit 2019, this panel focused on exploring stigmas that impact the mental health for those who identify as female and was expertly hosted by Hope for the Day board member, Christmas Eger.
Our panelists included:
- Rosabelle Eales, an LA-based Artist & Creative Management professional
- Hannah Lucas, Co-creator of the NotOK app
- Amy Sumpter, co-host of the Shaped Podcast
- Jenna Korsten, mental health advocate and Stoneman Douglas High School alumna
- Kenya Hawkins, Clinical Counselor at Youth Guidance, focusing on their Working on Womanhood program
Hope for the Day's inaugural Conversations Summit 2019 educated, inspired, and activated attendees with an exciting mix of breakout sessions created and led by diverse groups of youth, mental health professionals and academic partners, covering a vast spectrum of topics from mental health, arts, and technology, to social justice and activism. The summit was graciously hosted by The University of Illinois at Chicago at the Isadore & Sadie Dorin Forum (The Forum).
Don't forget to check out our companion Spotify playlist at anthologiesofhope.com/playlist.
You can find us on the web at:
- Website: https://www.anthologiesofhope.com/
- Instagram: https://instagram.com/anthologiesofhope
- Facebook: https://facebook.com/anthologiesofhope
- Twitter: https://twitter.com/anthologiespod
We are available anywhere you listen to podcasts:
Please leave us a review, let us know your thoughts, send us questions, and what else you'd like to hear on the future episodes of Anthologies of Hope.