Conversations Cafe: Boys Don't Cry
Today's Conversations Cafe episode is titled Boys Don't Cry. Recorded live at the UIC Forum, as part of Hope for the Day's Conversations Summit 2019, this panel focused on confronting stigmas that compel silence on mental health matters for those that identify as male and was expertly hosted by Hope for the Day COO, Carl Evans.
Our panelists included:
- Davey Muise, musician and lived experience advocate
- Dan Carcillo, retired Chicago Blackhawk and lived experience advocate
- Adam Hill, director of the Chicago Bulls Stampede drumline
- Jordan Meyers, founder of Banyan Treatment Centers
- Jeremy Foster, CEO of Big Brothers Big Sisters Chicago
Hope for the Day's inaugural Conversations Summit 2019 educated, inspired, and activated attendees with an exciting mix of breakout sessions created and led by diverse groups of youth, mental health professionals and academic partners, covering a vast spectrum of topics from mental health, arts, and technology, to social justice and activism. The summit was graciously hosted by The University of Illinois at Chicago at the Isadore & Sadie Dorin Forum (The Forum).
Don't forget to check out our companion Spotify playlist at anthologiesofhope.com/playlist.
You can find us on the web at:
- Website: https://www.anthologiesofhope.com/
- Instagram: https://instagram.com/anthologiesofhope
- Facebook: https://facebook.com/anthologiesofhope
- Twitter: https://twitter.com/anthologiespod
We are available anywhere you listen to podcasts:
Please leave us a review, let us know your thoughts, send us questions, and what else you'd like to hear on the future episodes of Anthologies of Hope.