Conversations Cafe - First Responders
Our episode this week is titled, First Responders and features interviews with some of Chicago’s First Responders and the intersection of mental health and the important work they do daily to help others. For clarity, a first responder is a person with specialized training, who is among the first to arrive and provide assistance at the scene of an emergency and include Paramedics, Emergency Medical Technicians, Police Officers, and Fire Fighters.
In honor of National First Responders Day, this past Monday, October 28th, we highlight stories and perspectives of representatives from the Chicago Police Department, Chicago Fire Department, and Chicago Emergency Medical Services.
Our guests this week include:
- Steve Schneider, a former EMT & Paramedic during his time in Champaign, IL,
- Al Medina, former member of the Chicago Fire Department and current member of the Quinn Fire Academy,
- Elizabeth Crowe, a licensed clinician from the First Responders EAP program in Chicago,
- Chicago Police Officer Kate Sanchez, Mental Health Liaison Officer for the 19th District in the City of Chicago,
- Chicago Police Officer Theresa Kelly, Mental Health Liaison Officer for the 18th District in the City of Chicago.
The Conversations Cafe is a monthly live podcast recording at Sip of Hope Coffee Bar featuring education and open forum dialogue on the intersections of Mental Health within our communities. This education programming is brought to you by Hope For The Day with support from our partners in prevention, The American Foundation for Suicide Prevention of Illinois, and Banyan Treatment Center.
Join the conversation. We are in this together.
Don't forget to check out our companion Spotify playlist at anthologiesofhope.com/playlist.
You can find us on the web at:
- Website: https://www.anthologiesofhope.com/
- Instagram: https://instagram.com/anthologiesofhope
- Facebook: https://facebook.com/anthologiesofhope
- Twitter: https://twitter.com/anthologiespod
We are available anywhere you listen to podcasts:
Please leave us a review, let us know your thoughts, send us questions, and what else you'd like to hear on the future episodes of Anthologies of Hope.